Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Missing Months- Science Fair


 When Andy was in Tucson, his weekends were precious hours.  I swear there were a thousand projects.  A. had the science fair, a poster to make for the Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet, a Pinewood Derby car...  I'm probably forgetting something.  Andy would come home and we would get started on all the things he needed to help me with.  One day G. came home from school and said that they were supposed to dress up as Dr. Seuss characters for Dr. Seuss Day.  All I could do was laugh, because otherwise I would cry.  There was no way I could take on another project.
 Andy suggested that A. do a science fair project about equal and opposite reaction using a u-shaped ramp and a Hot Wheel car.  We did all the preparatory parts of the assignment.  When it came down to the experiment, it didn't really work.  So the night before the data was due, I called him in his hotel room freaking out.  We changed the experiment to make a pendulum and it worked out just fine.  But whew, I didn't need more stress.  I told A. that this year we weren't going for any awards;  just to finish, since we were in survival mode.  He seemed to understand.
This is A.'s Valentine envelope that he made.  I really liked his creativity.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment