Thursday, May 17, 2012

BFF's

One of the reasons we moved to Arizona was so our children would know Jen and Stan and their boys.  Mission accomplished.  They LOVE their cousins.  This is Spring Break 2011 when we went to visit and enjoy the higher temps.  They played lots of video games and we did an afternoon of Cold Stone and the splash pad in Glendale.  We had a great time.  But it made us miss them even more and reminded us how hard it would be when we moved to WA.


 


 Not sure where he picked up this funny Popeye face, but he did it a lot that day.  :)

 Impossible to get a good pic with this many rambunctious boys!

One of THE biggest reasons I miss Arizona.  I love this woman.  She has been there for me so many times.  And she always knows what to say.  She has incredible insight into my children.  She rescued me on an incredibly difficult parenting day.  We have laughed together, complained together, cried together.  And boy have we talked!!!  Hours.  She inspires me with her perspectives and her devotion to her faith and family.  She has taught me to be a more deliberate parent and has helped me recognize strengths I didn't know I had.  I miss her dearly.  I have told her before that I don't consider her my sister in-law;  she has been promoted to sister.  Love you Jen.  Can't wait for the Johnson reunion!

No comments:

Post a Comment