Friday, September 4, 2009

A Little Dirt, A Little Fun, A Little "Whew"

So last weekend we went camping. We haven't gone with all three kids, and the last time we went G. was just about a yr. old. Andy was off for the weekend so we borrowed necessary equipment, planned, packed, and headed off. Notice I always dress the boys in super colorful, non-camouflageable shirts. ;)

G. had lots of fun playing in the puddle at the water spigot. Andy had to remind me that is what little boys do when they camp.

A. had a lot of fun throwing rocks and throwing things in the fire. Andy had to remind me that is what little boys do when they camp.

K. climbed on things and picked up pine cones. I was fine with that, until he fell off the curb he was climbing on. :( Actually, he fell about four times, but he is a tough little guy. He only cried once.

K. slept GREAT. He even slept in. Of course he slept between Andy and I and got to hold my hair 'til his heart was content. He has never taken a binky or a blanket. I am his soothing object of choice. (We even tried to replace me with a Barbie, unsuccessfully.) But he woke up a little grumpy.


We had a lot of fun. But it was still really hot when the sun was out, so apparently next time we camp, we must drive farther north. But it was a good venture for us. We got away from home and enjoyed being together. And it was good to get really dirty and enjoy nature.

The "whew" in the title refers to this little camp visitor...



When I was in the tent with A. and G., Andy was outside by the fire with K. He strongly informed us not to get out of the tent since a skunk was sniffing around our table and garbage. And was headed to sniff our tent!!! We were so quiet and we heard him scratching around the zipper. He headed away for a bit and then returned when I was almost leaving the tent to brush my teeth. Oh would that have been an adventure!!! "WHEW", I say. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so happy for you that you guys went camping. You know a family that camps together, stays together (something like that).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun camping experience (except for maybe the skunk .. . glad that you didn't get sprayed though. Glad you're having fun with your boys.
    -- Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an adventure! I am so glad you did not have to soak in tomato juice for a week because of the skunk!

    ReplyDelete