Tuesday, September 29, 2009

They Can't Believe It

Stephanie, one of my two best friends from h.s., came to visit this weekend. It was so good to see her. I told my kids that she had been my friend since I was a girl and they couldn't believe it. I guess either that I was ever that old... or that I had friends from that long ago... or that I had friends... not sure which. ;)

This is us before each having THREE boys. When we were young, naive, and excited to take on the world.
Do we look wiser now? More experienced? My vote is more tired. ;) LOL



I am grateful for Stephanie. I have so many memories of times we shared. (In fact, as I was straightening the house, I remembered her and Kari helping me pack my bedroom the night before I left for BYU. I laughed at all the stuff I have accumulated since then.) Not only did we have A LOT of fun, but she probably had some influence on who I am today. And she always got the inside front cover in my yearbook.



Here are two pics of some of our boys. Crazy how we both came from families with little testosterone, yet here we are! :) Both of us love it though!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks SOOOO much for being such a wonderful host. We had a great time visiting! And thanks for a very sweet blog post - not sure about that picture (talk about a bad hair day!) but alas...

    We do have ourselves a gaggle of handsome boys eh? Tyler was bummed he couldn't visit, but he had a great time at the game, despite the final score.

    You had a big influence on who I am today as well, and I thank you for that. There are so many fond memories, and it is simply amazing that we can get together after so many years, and it seems as though no time has passed at all.

    Cheers to one of my nearest & dearest friends! Love ya!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's great to have good friends, and that you have kids the same age too. Sounds like you had a great time seening each other again.

    ReplyDelete