Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Nothing Like Family- Nothing Like a Baby as an Excuse to Get Together


Sunday was the baby blessing. What a wonderful day and a special blessing. We are so grateful this baby has come to be a cousin to our boys. It is amazing to watch all these kids oooh and ahhh over him. You could call it magic, but I think is that these kids somehow can sense this baby just came from Heavenly Father. And they are drawn to that.

Grandpa got to come and he brought my niece C., the only granddaughter on my husband's side. It was a wonderful time to have them here. We loved getting to know C. better as a teenager and a young lady. We even got a Girls' Night with all the aunts!!! She is a great example to our kids and a real sweetheart.

I loved that K. got to know Grandpa better. He played trains with him and was comfortable enough that he was calling him "Grandpa" just 3 days into the visit. K. even picked up C. name! We marvel at how well Grandpa keeps up with the boys- he plays Power Rangers and bandages Spiderman action figures with napkins and rubber bands.

We spent TONS of time together and I just love that our children live close enough to mingle this much. Jen and I are wondering if they will be sick of each other now that Grandpa and C. have left or if they will go through withdrawal. I am leaning towards withdrawal since they have already asked when we get to see them again!

So thanks to Grandpa for making the trip and bringing C. in tow. Thanks to Jim and Tamara for letting her come. Thanks to the other aunts for joining in the festivities. Thanks to Jen and Stan for generously housing all the craziness. And thanks to the stars colliding that I got to marry into this wonderful family. :)


Do you see anything that doesn't belong in this picture???







Oh, yeah, my kid peeking from behind! ;)



Some handsome Johnson men. I am kind of partial to the one w/out the suit coat. :)


2 comments:

  1. Cousins are the best. What a cute baby and a great reason to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog, Amy!! You've made it truly adorable! And as for what doesn't belong...while I know what you were looking for, I think LUKE could be another possible answer! Look how different he looks from all of the rest of us! LOL Thanks for posting these. I will get the restaurant pics to you!

    ReplyDelete