Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Lighthouse Bathroom- The Beginning...

So I have all these friends that are Decorating Inspirations! And they may not even realize they are to me. Some, I marvel at their blog posts and how unintimidated they are by painting any piece of furniture (Katie H., you know I am talking about you.). Some, I visit their homes, with the confident placement of decoration on the walls and shelves (Gina, Shannan, Kim, Karin, Jenn, Michelle, Lisa, etc. etc. etc.). And I think, maybe I can do that. Most people that have been in my home since I have been married know how minimalist I am. NOT minimalist because I LIKE the look. Minimalist cause I am scared to buy something and then hate it. Scared to spend the money and frugal because my husband just doesn't "get it". But after taking Gina's decorating class, I have decided that "yes, I will try".

So my first plan...
I have always dreamt of a bathroom decorated with lighthouses. I even bought a cheap 2008 calendar so I could frame a picture or 2. Well one day, I was in Goodwill and bought a lighthouse candle holder and felt the time was right to get started. I started by painting a lighthouse picture, inspired by one in the calendar. I have always wanted to learn how to paint and even bought brushes and watercolor paper/paints. So I finally did it!!! And I actually think it turned out good enough to frame and hang over my guest toilet. Guess if you word it that way, the location doesn't set the bar that high. ;)

Now I just have to get fearless like Katie/Gina and paint some things and find that shower curtain that is in a box somewhere. If I ever finish, I will post pictures. I already took the before pics. So hopefully, it won't be too long till the after pics. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with your painting skills. Way to go Amy! Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Amy......keep going with all your ideas! Can't wait to see the final bathroom look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the theme. I'm sure it will look great. You've done a grea job so far.

    ReplyDelete