Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Life's Little Disappointments

So G. loves President Obama. If he sees a book about him, he thinks I must buy it. He proudly proclaims that President Obama is our president. On Inauguration Day, I was sure to watch the t.v. coverage because I reveled in the historical occasion. I suggested that G. wear this shirt, with the flag on it, mostly because I wanted to see if I could get him to wear a shirt without a superhero. (Normally, if I hand him one, he asks if I have a Spiderman shirt that's clean.) It worked. He wore this shirt that day. Now he associates it with President Obama. He tells us that President Obama told him to wear it.

So my question is, do I break it to him that I didn't vote for the guy? ;)

(Now for all you that did, we should agree to disagree. I respect the office of President of the United States. I hope that he will make improvements that I agree with. And I pray for the guy. He needs it, as all presidents have needed it. And I will warn you now, I will delete any comments of a negative nature, Republican or Democrat. This blog is for fun. There will be no debating politics or religion on a blog named My House of Monkeys, though some may think that would be a great name for Congress. ;) )

1 comment:

  1. I think "House of Monkeys" is a perfect name for Congress. And I'm loving reading your blog, Amy. I feel like sometimes being so far away, I don't really know all the little things that go on around the Johnson home and this gives me a little peek into your life as a mom.

    ReplyDelete