Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I've Got Something to Say...

I used to teach elementary school (4th-6th) and one of my favorite subjects to teach was writing. Every year I posted a quote across the top of my chalkboard that said "We've got something to say. You'd better listen." As I have trolled others blogs, I have learned, laughed, reminisced, and just enjoyed "spying" on your wonderful worlds. And I have felt that I had something to say...

I hope sometimes it is profound, because I hope that I taught my students truth. I hope that just because I am a full-time mother, that I still have some moments of wisdom (in spite of my lack of sleep). I also hope sometimes it is funny, since I think my life is sometimes funny. And reading my friend Laurie's blog has reminded me how I used to "find the funny" a lot in my younger years! I hope that my blog keeps you all posted, since many of you know I have habitually been lousy at that.

I also want to revel in my wonderful world. There is too much complaining, too much doomsday-- not enough joy and gratitude. And as long as I have the conveniences we are blessed with, food to eat, the family and friends I have, and my faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, there is much to revel in.

I have just come across a bit of freetime and I have been itching to join in the conversation. So here it goes...

3 comments:

  1. Amy, you so made me tear up with the bit aobut how "Reading my friend Laurie's blog has reminded me how I used to "find the funny"'. Thanks for saying that I'd remind you of that part of you... it helps me feel like I find the funny, and that it shows. Thank you.

    It's been SUCH a treat to have found you again on FB. I just love you to pieces (even though we haven't actually seen each other in a good 10 years), and am looking forward to catching up with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always been the profound sister. Excited to see more of you and the kids (Andy too) now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "We've got something to say. You'd better listen."

    Nice quote!
    So far..I had learn something from you during your sharing times!
    they are clear, true and simple!

    ReplyDelete