Saturday, February 5, 2011

3 Moments

1.  G. did something the other day that could have required a repairman.  When I explained that to him and asked him what he was thinking (!?!) , he said, "I'm sorry, and by that, I mean I'm REALLY sorry."  Luckily, so far, no repairman required.  Sending up my gratitude.

2.  K. told me the other day that the next time it was a "snowy wonderland" we should make a snowman.  I love the outlook of children.

3.  The other day I was by myself, thanks to a wonderful sister in-law that was watching my kids.  I chuckled inside when digging through my purse,I found these:

Usually they fit right in with my wallet, tube of lip gloss, and tin of mints.  I am a mom of boys.  I keep toys in my purse for boredom emergencies.  But at this moment, when I was taking a break from my usual life, it made me laugh at the reminder that across town were my three boys.  :)

6 comments:

  1. Aren't little boys fun? I know Ryan's still so little, but I'm loving every minute with the little guy. I have to admit that as much as I hate to see him grow up I can't wait for all the dirt-digging and ball-throwing and even the mischief-making. Amy, you could write a book full of all sorts of great stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that phrase "boredom emergencies". There are so many needs that we meet as moms, and each season of motherhood has such wonderful opportunities to serve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes as a mom it really is important to remember the moments like these. So fun to hear about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boys are the best. I have one and we hope we'll get another one. The little moments make everything worth it. My son just learned to say, "One, two," and it's amazing. It's like I won the lottery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went through my purse a while back and found a handful of dum-dum lollipops. That used to be my rescue from "boredom emergencies". And it wasn't always my own kids! Sometimes, mom's love it when their kid is having a fit on the plane you offer them a lollipop! Instant bliss for mom and child!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun memories to have recorded. I find little "treasures" in my bag too, and I do admit that it's kind of comforting for those times when he's with a sitter. A sweet reminder, you could say. Sweet post!

    ReplyDelete