Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Costumes

G. is a Red Ninja. This was from his preschool carnival. Ms. Lisa combined with Ms. Jen's and Ms. Beckie's classes. These ladies know how to plan a party. These kids had so many activities and so much fun! And no, this costume I didn't make.
Younger siblings were invited too, so here is my caveman. What an easy costume to make and very flexible for all the different temperatures of the parties. K. wore just a diaper under it for one, a long-sleeved shirt/ pants this day, and the actual night of the Halloween, only T-shirt/pants underneath.
So A. wants to be a pilot when he grows up. When I saw the pilot hat at Party City, I thought it would be EASY to decorate his dress shirt to work for this costume. I was going to make him a tie using a pattern that I googled. But then decided covering one of his ties and securing w/ safety pins was a quicker solution! And doesn't he look like he LOVES it!?! Actually, he was cracking himself up that night. Not sure if it was the candy, or if it was being his father's son, as Andy cracks himself up regularly. ;)



A. looks pretty cold at the church Trunk-or-Treat. We had this weird cold front move in just for Wed. and Thurs. Temps dropped 20 degrees and then went back up again for Halloween. Many of us Arizonan mothers planned costumes for typical AZ weather and had to dig out warm clothes to wear underneath. (I know, "poor us"... )


K. loves candy. He would eat it all day long, so I have to put it up where he can't see it. What a holiday. Your kids come out looking THIS happy! He told me "I love 'Kittles!" And G. would repeat the affirmation at each scary house, "I'm not scared of this house." :)




4 comments:

  1. Well done on the costumes Amy! The kids looked like they had fun! Avery is just growin up way to fast! Tell them I luv em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids' costumes look great. Halloween is such a fun holiday, I'm glad the kids had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time of year. I just love Fall, and all the holiday fun that is around. The costumes are great. Sounds like a fabulous time at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed you made some costumes!! I did that once and it ended BADLY!!! Your kids looked great!

    ReplyDelete