Saturday, August 28, 2010

Thank God I'm a Country Boy

Got to love this pic we took with cousin S. right before we moved. You can just tell the boys love him. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The other day, we were watching a PBS special on John Denver. My kids love "Thank God I'm a Country Boy". We used to listen to it in the van on the way to school and whenever someone was grumpy or irritable on car rides. They were really interested as they watched the special. When the kids asked about all the old footage I had to explain that sadly, John wasn't alive anymore. After watching a bit more, G. says "I'm one of his fans, right Mom." I don't know that G. considers himself a fan of anyone else. I don't really know where he learned about "fans", but yes, John, a whole bunch of your fans live at my house. :)


3 comments:

  1. We're fans too! In fact, this song is my husbands ring tone on his alarm clock. And Truman goes around singing it all the time. I am so sad that we didn't see this special, didn't know about it, I guess I need check their website more often, or the TV guide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom will love this post. Right after John Denver passed away she suddenly decided that she was his #1 fan (apparently it took him DYING for her to figure that out). Anyway she would listen to him non-stop. She would watch tv specials of him. And I was dying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty funny. I have to say though that I like a little John Denver myself. Cute picture.

    ReplyDelete