Monday, October 5, 2009

While Dad's Away


Andy was gone for 90 minutes. In that time, G. put a Lego stud in his nose. (This is the best picture I could find. Ignore the fact someone made them into earrings...) He calmly came out into the hall with smeared blood all over his shirt sleeves and his hands trying to get it out. Luckily, I pushed on his nostril in just the right place and it popped out.

THEN, A. got his knee stuck in the slats to his bunk bed. He was pretty calm until I couldn't get it out. I told him he didn't need to worry, since we would cut the board before we cut his leg. Then I tried lotion, which luckily slipped that baby right out!

I seriously think God gives moms this special sense for what to do, or a special memory to remember what others have used as solutions. I also believe in the "Mom Gift" that helps moms remember exactly where to find things that kids need. You know, that one where when one of them ask where it is, and you can tell him to look over, around, and behind that, and that, and that, to where it is exactly located!

1 comment:

  1. Got to love days/hours like that. I think you're right about the Mom sense though. Heavenly Father really thought that one through, and I'm glad for that.

    ReplyDelete